K12 believes in education for everyone. We provide families an online option for a high-quality, personalized education experience. Students can thrive, find their passion, and learn in an environment that encourages discovery at their own pace. In support of this, we are committed to creating and maintaining a culture of inclusion and diversity where our employees are passionate about serving students and families, treat one another and customers with respect, challenge each other to innovate and always strive to do better.
An Intern is responsible for assisting with various projects within the department he/she is assigned to at K12. Essential functions may vary from administrative, clerical and support level work to more hands-on tactical work as determined by business needs. The curriculum intern will work with an established team focused on course development and he/she will work independently and contribute original ideas to accomplish team goals. The focus of this internship position will be on data manipulation, analysis and presentation, with regard to student performance and assessment data. Some academic or competitive research and analysis may be required as well.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.)
- Performs data manipulation, analysis, and presentation
- Executes academic or competitive research and analysis as needed
- Collaborates with teammates as well as other parts of the organization to complete assigned tasks
- Learns and applies pedagogical and production best practices in course development
- Participates in team meetings
- Delivers final presentation to the team and possibly other interested parties at the end of the internship
- Pursues deep understanding of raw data gathered and a patience for cataloguing and interpreting it with accuracy
- Creates and prepares various content, presentations, and materials as needed
- Executes tasks by utilizing various technologies and platforms specific to the business
- Provides additional support to the team as needed
To apply, please click "Apply Now." Have a resume (and cover letter, if applicable) ready.
- High School Diploma OR
- Currently pursuing a BS/BA or MS/MA degree in Education, Literature, Math, History, or Sciences degree OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Observational and listening skills
- Excellent problem-solving and execution skills
- Detail-oriented and organizational skills
- Passionate about creating well-designed products for education
- Ability to listen effectively, respect others’ perspectives and contributions, and offer and accept constructive feedback
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, etc.); Web proficiency.
- Ability to clear required background check
- Proficient in Office 365, online tools & utilities (e.g. Jira, SharePoint) (Desired but not required)