Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
We view internships as an incredibly valuable part of our culture and of our recruiting pipeline. It’s our opportunity to see you in action in a way that is far more informative than an interview. For you, it is an opportunity to demonstrate your skills and character in a real world setting. Moreover, it is an opportunity for personal and professional development while learning something new and contributing to Argo AI’s effort to change the world!
Every intern will be paired with a senior member of our staff who will provide guidance and mentorship for the duration of the internship. Interns are considered contributing members of our project teams and participate in project meetings. Join us for a unique 12-14 week paid internship that offers personal and professional development, a fun work environment, and community-building.
Provide a few sentences to describe your specific team and the role they play at Argo. Help the intern understand what it would be like to be on this team.
What you’ll do:
- Automate the build, test, deployment, monitoring and support of data pipelines and custom tooling
- Work with cloud, big data, and analytics technologies (AWS, S3, Spark, Hadoop, Zeppelin, etc.)
- Software development in Python and related frameworks / tools
- Develop queries, reports, and data visualizations to support the needs of various teams
What we’re looking for:
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field (must be enrolled in a full time degree program at the time of the internship)
- Experience developing Python software and writing automated tests for it
- Experience working with database systems and writing SQL
- Experience developing data visualizations that provide insight into large, complex data sets
- Interest in learning about and working with Big Data systems
Note: At this time, Argo AI is only able to support remote internships in the following states: WA, FL, TX, NY, NJ, CA, PA, MI, GA, NC, CT, MA.
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines. Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.