Open Water is looking for ambitious and open-minded Backend Engineers to join our team. You will be responsible for the development of server-side web application logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and integration with front-end elements. We expect you to work closely with our engineers to ensure system consistency and improve user experience. Ultimately, you will play a key role in the successful launch of Open Water portfolio companies.
- Compile and analyze data, processes, and code to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement
- Collaborate with front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance user experience.
- Develop ideas for new programs, products, or features by monitoring industry developments and trends
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Strong understanding of the web development cycle and programming techniques and tools
- Focus on efficiency, user experience, and process improvement
- Excellent communication skills to effectively collaborate with designers, developers, and other relevant staff members or clients
- Flexibility to adapt to changing instructions and requirements