We are looking for a Front-End Developer to join the Web Development Team at SavingTakeouts. At SavingTakeouts, you will have a unique opportunity to be critically involved in strategic projects at a growing startup by designing, developing, and maintaining websites for our clients. We are looking for someone who is genuine, driven, and committed to our mission at SavingTakeouts.
This virtual internship will be unpaid with a minimum duration of 8 weeks and the time commitment ranges from 15-20 hours per week. Applicants must be enrolled in high school or an undergraduate/graduate program. The program consists of hands-on learning, opportunities to create work with teams across the organization, and the chance to have some fun throughout the summer!
- Utilize HTML and CSS to build and transform websites by implementing features
- Design websites with attention to details such as font, color, etc.
- Deploy and monitor website(s) for traffic and performance
- Update the website periodically to reflect new menu items, discounts, and/or promotions
- Test the website and its features for its compatibility across devices
- Proficiency in HTML, CSS, Microsoft Office, Google Suite applications
- Must be passionate about our cause!
- Effective communication skills and the willingness to interact with teammates who share different backgrounds
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills that allow you to think out-of-the-box
- Ability to manage multiple projects, deliverables, and stakeholders effectively
- Considered a plus if you can speak/write in other languages!
- Take part in impactful projects that will benefit your community while gaining soft skills such as leadership, teamwork, communication, critical thinking, etc.
- This is a student-led initiative! Expand your network with other students and make lots of friends. We have weekly virtual socials!
- Receive a recommendation(s) from your direct supervisor upon completion of the program on LinkedIn
- No micromanagement here! Hours are flexible and this opportunity is remote.
Learn more about us at savingtakeouts.org and follow us on Instagram (@savingtakeouts), Facebook, or LinkedIn! Share our cause and help us empower more small businesses. Please reach out to email@example.com if there are any inquiries regarding your application!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.