At USA Triathlon, we believe that life is better when you swim, bike and run.
- USA Triathlon is the largest multisport organization in the world and the Olympic and Paralympic National Governing Body (NGB) for the sport of triathlon and all things multisport. We spend every day thinking about ways to grow and support the sport. We’re building the most innovative service organization in sports and transforming lives by inspiring participation to help communities become healthier. We also represent our country at the highest levels of international competition, striving to win medals with class and integrity.
- We are defining the modern-day NGB, and innovation is our strategy. We do this by listening, collaborating and adapting our existing model. Service leadership, performance excellence, collaboration, and diversity and inclusion are central to our core values.
- We are also all about going above and beyond to serve the triathlon community, and we work equally hard to serve our teammates. We are committed to being the best place to work in the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic movement by focusing on hiring, training and promoting talented, dedicated, passionate individuals who want to get better every day. We have a micro gym on-site, access to the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Training Center and more.
- Come to Colorado Springs, rated as the “most desirable place to live in the U.S. In 2018” by a U.S. News & World Report survey! Be part of the Olympic & Paralympic movement. Hone your skills and expertise while creating opportunities for triathletes to live their best lives. We hope you are ready for a fulfilling challenge.
The USA Triathlon (USAT) Visual Media internship is a unique and exciting opportunity to get real experience in creating visual content as part of a communications team of a National Governing Body (NGB). The Visual Media intern works directly with the Marketing and Communications team. During the semester, the USAT intern will be afforded the opportunity to develop and apply skills in various areas including but not limited to marketing strategy, graphic design, project management, social media content creation and organizational growth. This person will be part of a team focused on creating content to inspire and engage the multi-sport community.
Essential Job Functions:
- Learn the daily functions of the Communications department.
- Utilize creativity and knowledge of current graphic design tools to create content that supports USA Triathlon programs, events and activities through print and digital media.
- Assist with the print production process, including workflow schedule, vendor selection, printing and delivery.
- Assist in content creation and distribution across USA Triathlon’s social media channels.
- Conceptualizing and planning digital campaigns and social media strategy.
- Be a resource to a collaborative team to help grow membership and the organization.
- Enrolled in a Bachelor or Master’s degree program.
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point & Outlook
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud (With a focus in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
- Familiarity and experience utilizing and producing content for social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SnapChat, etc.)
- Experience with video editing software like Adobe Premiere Pro beneficial but not required.
- Passion for sport and the Ideals of the Olympic Movement.
- Familiarity with Triathlon beneficial but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast paced multidisciplinary team environment.
- Compensation Range: Unpaid/College Credit
- PLEASE INCLUDE COVER LETTER, RESUME, THREE PROFESSIONAL AND REFERENCES TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS JOB POSTING*