At Fivestars, our mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship. Over 50 million people use Fivestars to get rewarded at more than 14,000 local businesses with one rewards program. Local businesses use Fivestars to bring more customers into their stores with an all-in-one marketing and payments program. Fivestars drives over $3 billion in local commerce across its network per year. Fivestars has raised $105 million from HarbourVest, Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed, DCM, Y-Combinator, and others. Together, let’s love local.
Fivestars is looking for a Summer 2020 intern (June-July) to join our Product Team and build the next generation of products to help small businesses and local communities thrive. In this role you’ll gain hands-on experience bringing software products to life--all the way from customer need to product launch and iteration. We’ll provide you with all the mentorship, support, engagement, and real-time feedback that you need to accelerate your learning and make an impact on the Fivestars product.
What you’ll do:
- Understand key needs and problems for our customers and create delightful products to address these needs
- Write clear specifications that outline the product requirements and make sure we build products based on those requirements
- Work cross-functionally with engineering, design, analytics, marketing, and other product teams to create great customer experiences
- Use customer research and data analysis to communicate product impact to peers and leadership
- You’re currently pursuing a degree in product design, computer science, management science, or a related field and want to solve complex and interesting problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion about the SMB space and the problems we are solving
- Continual desire to understand merchant and consumer behaviors
- Natural talent for moderating competing ideas and finding creative solutions
- Thirst for learning