8minute Solar Energy is the largest privately-held developer of solar and storage projects in the United States. We have one of the best development teams in the industry with a track record of delivering above-market profitability and strong financial returns on utility-scale solar and storage projects. We are seeking the best and brightest people to help make clean energy abundant.
Through our paid 8-week rotational internship program, students will have the opportunity to be exposed to various aspects of the development cycle by working within each of our functional groups. Interns of our program will be provided guidance and mentorship from members of our exceptional staff to help ensure success during the duration of the internship. We are seeking students who bring a sense of curiosity, exhibit leadership abilities based on their current involvements on campus and have a strong interest in the renewable energy field.
Essential Function and Responsibilities:
- Summer 2020 interns will spend the first 2 weeks of the program receiving an introduction to 8minute and each part of the organization along with the basics of solar development together as a cohort
- Interns will be partnered with a team member from one of our functional groups (Development, Engineering or Finance) who will act as a mentor and be tasked to complete a project
- After completion of projects and rotations, interns will provide a culminating presentation to be virtually presented summarizing their experience
- Currently in pursuit of an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited university in Engineering, Environmental Science, Finance, etc.
- Strong Excel capabilities
- Strong research capabilities
- Strong interest in renewable energy sector
- Enthusiasm to learn
- Ability to maintain strong communication abilities given fully remote working environment
- Must be able to commit to 3 days per week for duration of program
- Interns must maintain committed to the completion of internship in order to receive academic credit