SIA-Africa is a non-for-profit organization based in New York and operates via volunteer-based and remote work all around the world.
Our model is based on matching opportunities and needs with resources through partnerships. We work with specific communities in Africa to find out what needs and opportunities exist and partner with other groups with resources to fulfil the needs and opportunities.
The Chief of Social Media will report to the Director General of Operations, Development & Communications.
This is volunteer unpaid position.
- Manage SIA-Africa social media presence, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn by developing and maintaining the editorial calendar, creating and scheduling regular posts, boosting our visibility, and establishing the organization’s social media voice.
- Compose branded social media content, edit images and monitor posts and commentary across all key social channels on a daily basis.
- Grow our audience and maintain relationships with third-party platforms and partners.
- Monitor relevant external social media accounts, including partner organizations, nonprofits, etc.
- Keep up-to-date with developing social platforms into which SIA-Africa may expand.
- Coordinate with other SIA-Africa members on innovative uses of social media and new ways of storytelling.
- Collaborate with the Operations, Development & Communications Team on branding, website, and other needs.
HOURS PER WEEK
A minimum of 3 hours per week is required.
- Must show significant experience in managing social media
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Must show a strong interest in NGO work and able to produce content
- Must be committed, responsive, able to work in a team and show initiative
- French speaking is a plus but not required
Please send your resume along with a cover letter or email.