You'll work with engineering, sales, marketing, and design to plan, ship, and grow usage and engagement in specific areas of our product. As an early member of our product team, you'll have significant product ownership and will communicate directly with our users to drive continuous improvement.
Developers love our product and rely on it daily to ship and deploy better software. Our passionate users provide a constant stream of thoughtful feedback and love engaging with us to help them and their teams solve their toughest problems.
Our public roadmap shows the product priorities for each engineering team and we use OKRs to communicate company goals for each quarter.
- Own an area of the product, and drive and inform its product roadmap.
- Collaborate with engineers and designers to plan and build the solutions to customer problems.
- Gather customer feedback to validate priorities, improve documentation, and define product requirements.
- Be transparent in your internal and external communication. Sourcegraph is open source, so most discussions are public or in channels where you communicate directly with our customers.
- Be a passionate advocate for a delightful user experience.
This is a very technical role and requires software engineering experience to effectively communicate with engineers and make educated decisions affecting product scope and performance at scale.
As a result, we expect:
- Experience working as a software engineer.
- Strong understanding of Git and Git workflows.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, technical writing ability, and use of data to back up your arguments.
- Ability to stay focused on goals and strategically prioritize work.
- Deep passion for developer tools and productivity enhancements.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to drive and influence product strategy across engineering, design, and distribution.